PROJECT OBJECTIVES: STREGHINING FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY AND PRODUCING INFORMATION TO RESPOND TO DIFFERENT USERS’ NEEDS
The main objective of the Twinning Project is to strengthen financial transparency by producing information adjusted according to different user needs and contributing to risk based management and audit.
The specific aim is to align the publication and presentation of general government financial statistics with the EU standards by developing the legislation and improving the reporting capacity towards a wide range of different users.
The expected results of the Project are to:
- Review of national legislation and make proposals for upgrading the legal framework on aspects related to financial transparency, international classifications and data dissemination
- Implement data mining methods and improve institutional capacity by increasing staff knowledge on these techniques
- Build an early warning and decisional support system, based on the identification and calculation of performance indicators
- Improve public financial analysis techniques through increased capacity on consolidated and individual public finance data
- Set up a template for the publication of a Citizen’s Budget and its dissemination
- Harmonise of data dissemination practices to European standards